The Shadow Mountain academic curriculum
- Is organized in a comprehensive high school format encompassing a full curriculum of quality courses
- Maintains a traditional schedule
- Is delivered in a challenging and rigorous variety of academic programs
- Is offered with options that are versatile to student schedules and individual goals
Instructional Programs include
- Advanced Placement / Honors Classes
- College Credit Classes / Dual Enrollment
- AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination
- On-site Special Education
- Structured English Immersion
- Career and Technical Education
- Comprehensive Fine Arts Program
- Online Opportunities - PVOnline
- Student Academic Support Options
The mission of the Curriculum Department is to increase student achievement through the provision of systemic innovative curricula characterized by standards and research-based educational programs that deliver effective and differentiated instruction in partnership with schools, families, and the diverse PVSchools community.
In PVSchools, we engage, inspire, and nurture students through high-quality instruction, meaningful educational opportunities, and dynamic learning experiences. Curriculum, adhering to Arizona state standards, is adopted transparently with opportunities for community feedback.
To nurture creativity, curiosity, and strategic thinking through dynamic learning experiences, PVSchools routinely evaluates curriculum resources and provides recommendations for curriculum adoptions.