About Our Visual Arts Program
The North Valley Arts Academies (NVAA) Visual Arts Program combines the use of traditional tools with today's modern technology. Students will explore a vast array of artistic media, coding, web design, photography, and more. As your child progresses through the course plan, he or she will narrow the scope of their work, specializing and refining their techniques, with the goal of creating students looking to excel in an art-related career.
To join the NVAA Visual Arts Program there is an application process. Students must complete the application in order to enroll into the Visual Arts Program.
Students who are enrolled into the visual arts program will acquire skills that will transfer into the student's everyday life. Students will continue to build and enhance many of these skills, enabling them to effectively communicate with others verbally, as well as through written forms of communication. The students will begin to take on leadership roles and overseeing and management of projects and much more!
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Performance and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Listening, clarifying, questioning and responding skills
- Intro to Studio 9th Grade
- 2D Visual Art 10th Grade
- Exploration in Sculpture 9th and 10th Grades
- Advanced 2D Visual Art (Commencing 2019-20) 11th Grade
- Advanced Sculpture Techniques (Commencing 2019-20) 11th Grade
- Exit Portfolio in 2D Visual Arts (Commencing 2020-21) 12th Grade
- Exit Portfolio in 3D Visual Arts (Commencing 2019-20) 12th Grade
Successful Career Pathways
Students who are passionate about visual art have opportunities to choose a career pathways in the area of arts that is the right fit for them.
- Fine Artist
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Video Game Designer
- Web Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Video Game Designer
- Interior Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Desktop Publisher
- Art Therapist
- Art Administrator
- Floral Designer
- Craft Artist
Visual Arts Instructors
Jennifer Jardine has been teaching Visual Art in Arizona for 13 years. She received her BFA from Arizona State University and is a working artist specializing in oil painting. Most recently she was awarded "Scottsdale Artist of the Year" by the Scottsdale Artist League. In 2019, Voyage Phoenix Magazine chose her as one of Phoenix's premier artists and featured her artwork in a series titled "Hidden Gems." She is a proud member of Arizona Art Education Association and the National Art Education Association.